Andy Flower, Independent Consultant, Flower LNG
What are the Long-Term Prospects for LNG?
- An overview of the state of the LNG industry at the end of 2017
- What can we expect for LNG supply, demand and prices in 2018?
- A forecast of the outlook for LNG supply and demand over the period to 2030
- When will new liquefaction capacity be needed to add to the plants in operation and under construction?
- Where will the next phase of growth in demand come from?
- An assessment of recent developments in LNG pricing and the outlook for prices
- How are LNG trade flows changing and what is the outlook for short-term trading?
AM: LNG Portfolio Management in the Era of Abundance & Flexibility
Chris Goncalves, Co-Chair & Managing Director, Energy, BRG
- Outlook for supply, demand, and market physical and commercial balances
- New commercial trends facing buyers and sellers:
- Increased spot trade
- Diversified SPA pricing: Oil, Hybrid, TTF, NBP, Henry Hub
- New SPA terms: shorter duration, more flexible, destination unrestricted
- SPA renegotiation/review and expiry/recontracting between over-contracted buyers and under-sold sellers
- How to reprice existing contracts through price reviews and disputes and
- How to price new contracts
- How to value and price delivery flexibility
PM: Developing an LNG Regasification Project: Issues and Considerations
Tom Holmberg, Partner, Baker Botts L.L.P.
John White, Partner, Baker Botts L.L.P.
- A Brief but Instructive overview of the current market
- The current commercial landscape and supply/demand dynamic.
- Summary of recent -- and possible future -- actions of regulatory agencies in Japan and the European Union and their possible effects on market dynamics
- Principles of structuring and developing an LNG-to-power project in the current market
- Selecting a commercial model
- Negotiation and alignment of project agreements, including joint venture agreement, terminal use agreement, charter agreements, power purchase agreement, and financing arrangements
- LNG supply, including procurement strategy, pricing, quantities, and diversions
- Discussion and Group Exercise
- To close out the workshop, attendees will apply the
principles discussed in the context of a hypothetical